Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Core Values

What matters to me, and I know most people would agree, is trust. Trust to someone else may only require not telling lies and saying what is really on your mind, which can be inappropriate at times. Trust to me requires
  • Reliable relationships
  • Honest opinions when asked
  • Genuine communication
I am sure that the idea of trust can mean millions of concepts to others, but that is my condensed version.
Another core value of mine is a strong work ethic. Hard work will always have positive outcomes, no matter how long the wait. Laziness is a horrible habit to adopt and it will bring great unhappiness. Now sometimes hard work can be exhausting and repetitive, but people still need to sleep, eat, and take a break. When I work hard, I make sure that it is for a reason and not a waist of time. The hours I spend at school and at work are filled with purpose and meaningful experiences. At school, I learn something new everyday and all assignments are done based on real life situations. At work, I communicate with many diverse individuals and offer exceptional customer service to the best of my ability because to see my customers happy gives me great joy.

 Managing a brand also requires measuring the reputation of that brand both within the organization and externally, as well as managing and protecting the brand identity to prevent dilution or inconsistency. Those responsible for the brand need to be fully aware of the brand perception, the marketplace, the competition, wider trends and social influences, and the ever-changing relationship with the consumer and other audiences.

Brands don’t just arrive out of nowhere. They are the product of a company ‘vision’. Although making lots of money is a vision of sorts, it is not exactly specific. Any successful brand needs to be part of a clearly defined set of objectives.

 The brand is the promise of something. That something is intangible; it could be a guarantee of quality, a sense of prestige, or of heritage. Brands also offer a differentiating factor that makes it easier to choose between the many competing product variants.
Davis, M., and Baldwin, J. (2006). More Than a Name: An Introduction to Branding. AVA Publishing                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment