Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Talents

Talent is to have a natural aptitude or skill. My very first talent was sewing. As a four year old living under the protection of my parents, I found refuge at the desk of my sewing machine, I was able to truly express myself through my projects. As I learned to effectively communicate with others, I became a source of comfort for others. My ability to talk softly and sincerely to others, allowed them to trust me. My mother would jokingly say that I should get a degree in Psychology, not Fashion. I also have excellent writing skills. There was a time in elementary where my teacher would stress the importance of good handwriting; that was before the era of the "text-messages." When it comes to stressful and demanding situations I am able to adapt. Adaption is a very important talent of mine because life in general has surprises. I can conform when needed and shine when necessary. Other talents that I posses are artistic abilities, leadership qualities, technological capabilities, and relationship building qualities.
Branding is a marketing discipline and the basics of branding are common to all areas of marketing: define your audience, know your market, differentiate yourself, choose a route to market and then make your brand stand out.

Many brands may succeed in communicating to an audience, but fail to engage. Engagement happens by identifying and exploiting the magic in a brand: the insight or idea that connects to the audience. It can be an intuitive process and requires a mix of strategic business thinking and creative ideas. The thinking and creative process must never stop.

Managing a brand also requires measuring the reputation of that brand both within the organization and externally, as well as managing and protecting the brand identity to prevent dilution or inconsistency. Those responsible for the brand need to be fully aware of the brand perception, the marketplace, the competition, wider trends and social influences, and the ever-changing relationship with the consumer and other audiences.
Davis, M., and Baldwin, J. (2006). More Than a Name: An Introduction to Branding. AVA Publishing                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment