Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Top Five Talents

My top five talents are communication, adaption, leadership qualities, relationship building, and artistic expression.
Communication is the key to opening someone's interests, opinions, and emotions in order to effectively communicate with other individuals. This talent is important when it comes to brand strategy. Every word I speak, will be documented and forever imprinted on the minds of those who will decide whether or not to establish the ultimate brand loyalty. Without communication, brands would not exist and also advertising agencies and other forms of media. Communication allows my brand to open up and engage my audience in what I am trying to accomplish. It's like talking to an employer face to face, once you've established that eye contact, you've got them hooked.
Adaption is important for managing stressful situations, and complicated endeavors. In the market place, I must adapt to my competitor's strategies and market fluctuations. There is extremely detailed research that involves internal and external factors of society. Therefore I must adapt to my style of branding, observe how competitors brand themselves, and attempt to achieve brand leadership. Every day I must constantly improve my brand, staying updated on the latest trends, industry news, my consumer's behaviors, and finding ways to expand.
Leadership qualities are attractive in the marketplace. If you're ahead of the market and have achieved brand loyalty, keep working. As a leader, I must strive for higher, yet remain "level-headed" to maintain my business relationships. I will be the kind of leader constantly updating on fresh marketing trends, hoping to achieve the ultimate brand loyalty for years to come.
Relationship building has always been a strong suit of mine. My humility and positive persona is an attractive, yet profitable quality. I am able to establish personal relationships of support successfully, but as a brand, I must also create profitable ones as well. Although I would never "Burn Bridges" with those who I started with, they too could become investors.
Artistic expression can be tied into all four talents. I can communicate artistically without words, I can adapt creatively in an environment, I will be a leader in artistic expression, and I will attract and network amongst artists to create a unique brand.
Once a brand has established itself in the market, it must continue to prove its effectiveness to stay in the market through ongoing brand activity. The purpose of brand campaigns may not be solely focused on selling a product or service, but to also build awareness, improve a reputation or to affirm or change perceptions.

At the heart of every brand is its audience. The consumer is no longer simply the person buying the product or service, but a broad spectrum of ‘stakeholders’ who include customers through to employees to external agencies and local communities. Each stakeholder may experience the brand in a different way, but there should be consistency in brand behavior. The relationship between the brand and the consumer is two-way – what the consumer thinks of the brand matters as much as how the brand projects itself to the consumer.


Many brands may succeed in communicating to an audience, but fail to engage. Engagement happens by identifying and exploiting the magic in a brand: the insight or idea that connects to the audience. It can be an intuitive process and requires a mix of strategic business thinking and creative ideas. The thinking and creative process must never stop.
Davis, M., and Baldwin, J. (2006). More Than a Name: An Introduction to Branding. AVA Publishing                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment