Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Primary "Product"


Attending a creative school for creative minds has made me realize that I am more experienced than I know. The problem that I always run into is the ability to communicate those experiences to employers because of the "long, drawn-out" explanation. If I were given the opportunity to explain all the services and abilities that I have performed this would be the list on my resume:

  • Assisted disabled/elderly citizens with caution (grandparents)
  • Mentored young adults about life's experience and the importance of making righteous decisions. (nieces and nephews)
  • Completed all tasks given to me by authoritative figures to the best of my ability. (Chores)
  • Catered, entertained, and hosted public and personal festive occasions. (birthday parties)
  • Instructed older personnel on the basics of technology. (mother needing help with computer)
  • Made the effort to always remain trustworthy, reliable, and humble to all that I have serviced. (being a good friend/daughter)

See, I am quite the professional at what I do. So what exactly do I do? I would like to answer that question as living my life with as much purpose as I can.

Managing a brand also requires measuring the reputation of that brand both within the organization and externally, as well as managing and protecting the brand identity to prevent dilution or inconsistency. Those responsible for the brand need to be fully aware of the brand perception, the marketplace, the competition, wider trends and social influences, and the ever-changing relationship with the consumer and other audiences.

Brands reflect the society we live in. A look at advertising in your own environment can give you an idea of trends, influences and issues in society.

Brands cannot pretend that they can serve individual tastes or needs with bespoke tailoring, or that the brand belongs to each of us, especially if the underlying product or service is increasingly commoditized. The brand needs to behave in line with its values and be relevant to its audience – it must act with integrity, be consistent in its actions, and deliver on the promise.

 Davis, M., and Baldwin, J. (2006). More Than a Name: An Introduction to Branding. AVA Publishing                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment